Monday, June 1, 2009

OctoMom To Auction 4 Of Her Children on EBay

A few days ago it was revealed that Octomom, Nadya Suleman, will participate in a reality TV show about her life with her 14 children. After the news broke about the TV show Suleman received some criticism for "cashing-in" on her children. But, in giving new meaning to the phrase "striking while the iron is hot," Nadya Suleman announced today that she is "auctioning off" four of her older children.

In front of a throng of reporters and TV cameras Suleman said, "It is strictly a business decision. By auctioning off my oldest children I will still have many years to milk the maximum amount of publicity and money out of my newborn octuplets." The auctions will take place on eBay and will be staggered throughout the month of June. She explained her auction strategy by stating "I was originally going to auction them off all together as a package deal. But I was advised that you can make more money on eBay by breaking them up and selling them individually in much the same way you would sell the lens separately from the camera and receive more money. I understand that the children will be raised by different families, but I am sure they will understand when they are older that it was in my best interest to make as much money as possible."

When asked if she plans to share the proceeds of the auctions with her children being sold on eBay she said, "I have 10 other children to raise which is a very expensive task. Once they are sold, the children are no longer my responsibility and need to be cared for by the auction winners. The fame which I have provided for these children is worth far more than the money I will receive from an online auction. And let's face it, these children brought me no fame or money; all of that came from the birth of my precious octuplets."
Digg this

3 comments:

  1. I wouldn't be shocked if this actually happened!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She definitely knows how to capitalize on her 15 minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw somebody featured on the Huffington Post with a post VERY similar to this one yesterday. He says that Kate Plus 8 (Kate Gosselin) is trying to sell 4 of her children. Yours was done weeks before his. It seems like he might have stolen your idea or it is an INCREDIBLE coincidence. You might want to let the Huffington Post know about it. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete